Roofing projects are dangerous, there is no question about it, whether we talk about new roof installation, repairs or maintenance. Attempting to do yourself any of these tasks should be planned carefully, or trusted to a professional roofer, otherwise you risk not just a faulty installation, but also injuries.
Most homeowners consider a DIY roofing project to save some money, but this should not be the only criteria; such a project comes with pros and cons. Here is an overview:
- If you are qualified, or at least possess some necessary skills and knowledge involved in the process, then you will probably manage to save some money, in deed
- You make your own schedule
- You are being in charge, not to mention that the person who represents your best interests is always yourself
- You do not have to worry about evaluating roofing companies in your search for a good and trusty contractor
On the other hand, there are disadvantages:
- A roofing project takes time and working on your own will make it even more time-consuming
- The right tools and equipment are quite expensive and you will also need to get familiar with them, in order to avoid safety risks
- The manual labor involved in such a project requires good physical strength
- The lack of insurance is potentially disastrous
- If you fail to do the roof replacement properly, you risk to lose the warranty for the materials.
If you decide that for your skill set and time, you would be better off hiring someone to repair or replace your roof, contact a specialized roofing Barrington company for best results.
Originally posted 2017-11-15 11:16:18.