Wind and Tornado Damage in the Greater Chicago Area
Preventing serious roofing damage starts in choosing the right system for the environment we have in the Midwest. Illinois can experience strong winds in places near Lake Michigan like Crystal Lake, Naperville, McHenry, Barrington, Elgin, Lake Zurich, Lake Forest, Hoffman Estates, Algonquin and Schaumburg.
How Do I Know If I Have Wind Damage?
Roofing systems are designed to resist regular winds, but after the big storm hits do you know what you should be looking for?
These are a few tell-tale signs that you may have roof or siding damage after a windstorm:
- Examine your roof for any missing shingles.
- Check for any cracked or curled shingles.
- Check for any cracked or curled side panels.
- Be aware of any area of shingles that may be missing a significant amount of granules from their surface.
- Take a look for any nails that may have been pulled up. This will be obvious if the shingles or side panels look loose or if you can see the tops of any nails when you look level with the siding or shingles.
- Check roofing intersections to make sure water is not able to leak into the house.
We don’t suggest you get up on the roof to check for wind damage, especially after a storm or if it’s still windy. Trust us to have a safer approach to inspecting for wind damage.
Some areas in Illinois and the greater Chicago area are prone to even more extreme conditions such as tornados. In the unfortunate circumstance that your home is hit with a tornado, Gold Standard is there to restore your faith in roofers, help get you back on your feet, secure the roof over your head and the exterior of your home.
Go for Gold – Go with Gold Standard Restoration